setting up carbs

Description of your first forum.

setting up carbs

Postby colinfoster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:46 am

Could anyone recommend a carburettor tuner, i'm trying (on a very limited budget) to get my car ready for this season but it runs like a bag of rusty nails. My knowledge of twin 40 dhla Dellortos is zero TBH. I need someone to look at the whole system all the way from ignition timing through to choke and jetting to get this car running right and once that's right I need someone to look at the car and scrutineer and fault find before I go to my first event. I know that sounds crazy but as a beginner the one thing that worries me most is to look stupid when I turn up for my first sprint because I haven't done something basic. Yes i've read the blue book and tbh that almost put me off straight away, I need helpful advice on both fronts

cheers
Colin
colinfoster

Re: setting up carbs

Postby Colin S » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Ok a few questions for you...

Where are you? I assume reasonably close to Sevenoaks.

What is the car and engine the carbs are on. Have they been set up for the engine or do they need jetting chokes etc and have they been running on the car.

What class will you be running in? (Road going is a bit less restrictive )

It sounds as though it could do with a rolling road set up but you will need to pick one that still knows the way around Webers/Dell-ortos, as these days it is mostly ECUs etc

There was a good place in Bexleyheath called Sanspeed, but I am not sure if they are still there.

Hope this helps a bit -any other questions-ask.
Colin S

Re: setting up carbs

Postby jeffw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 am

Atspeed in Rayleigh in Essex leaps to mind.
jeffw

Return to Fast Talk