Fire extinguisher for VSCC event

Description of your first forum.

Fire extinguisher for VSCC event

Postby Toby_Galbraith » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:40 am

Hi all,

I'm entered in the VSCC Pomeroy Trophy event at Silverstone next month, in my Subaru, and according to the regs I need an extinguisher of 1.75 litres or 2 x 1 litre. Does anyone have one I could borrow for the weekend of 18 Feb?

Is anyone else doing the Pom or going to spectate?

Cheers,

Toby
Toby_Galbraith

Re: Fire extinguisher for VSCC event

Postby Gidz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi Toby,
I have an extinguisher I have is an old large out of date one I keep in the garage.
I have another smaller one that lives in the boot of the Celica, but I don't know if it's in date (so it probably isn't). I'll have a look for a date & if it looks good, I'll let you know.
I bought mine for £15 at least 3 years ago for peace of mind.
Do you need the extinguisher in the paddock? or one which is fitted in a cage in the cabin?

I've not entered, there's a chance I might go and watch.

Good luck.
"The conditions are awful, I hate them. I have been driving like my grandmother. Still, it's my first time out with Ford and I'm leading the Monte Carlo rally ... that's not so bad." — Marcus Gronholm
Gidz

Postby Toby_Galbraith » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Thanks, yep it's got to meet blue book reg K3.1.2(b), medium hand-operated extinguisher that can be operated by the driver in a normal sitting position. The 'high speed test' isn't a race but a timed 40 minute session to reach a target number of laps based on a handicap, so not all race regulations apply...but it's hard to tell which ones do and which don't. The idea is that it tests roadgoing cars from different eras with an 'equal' chance of winning.

No cage to bolt it to as it's my normal car, so will have a look on Demon Tweeks and see what they have that might fit.

Cheers,

Toby
Toby_Galbraith

Postby Toby_Galbraith » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Seems there was something by Alex Peters about the Pom in Acorn a few years back (http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/uploa ... fbd43b.pdf page 20), and on his blog site here https://blacksunracing.wordpress.com/20 ... 23-feb-13/
Toby_Galbraith

Postby Toby_Galbraith » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:59 pm

I bought an extinguisher – if anyone else wants to borrow it for an event, let me know.
Toby_Galbraith

Return to Fast Talk