Lydden Hill Sprints

Description of your first forum.

Lydden Hill Sprints

Postby alfaholic » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:09 pm

So only one sprint at Lydden this year which is a big shame given the turn out it used to get with one or two sprints per month occurring and good entry levels, plus a good drivers circuit.

What are the chances of it returning to the calendar or is its future just rally cross and chav motorsport shows ?

Certainly for me (and others) the main reason why I compete much less these days.

Surely the MSA Speed committee should be focused on getting this venue active again for sprints as it is about the only viable circuit for us in the south east now ?

Discuss .......
'The reason I do it is because if you do it wrong, it will kill you.
If you think it's too dangerous then go home and cut your lawn and leave us to it.'
- Guy Martin
alfaholic

Re: Lydden Hill Sprints

Postby Andy Elcomb » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:24 am

I think its very simple Steve - venue operator charges.

As Lydden has strict local authority planning and usage restrictions there are limited days available and if they can earn more putting on drifting, rallycross and "chav motorsport shows" than from sprinting then that's what they will do.
Andy Elcomb

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:44 pm

What is the date for this years Sprint?
Furyblade_Lee

Postby Paul106xsi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:51 am

Tunbridge Wells motor club used to operate a lot of the sprints in the morning with SEMSEC races in the afternoon. Declining race entries along with increased venue costs killed the whole thing off. Because of the cost of hiring the venue,they needed both events (sprint & race) to get healthy entries & support each other, without this neither could run.
Paul106xsi

Return to Fast Talk