SDMC at Pomeroy Trophy Silverstone Feb 2015

Description of your first forum.

SDMC at Pomeroy Trophy Silverstone Feb 2015

Postby ambulocetus27 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Please read the article about SDMC members attending the Pomeroy Trophy at Silverstone in 2015 in the October issue of Acorn at http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/uploads/f1363c397e4f132997edac56f5fbd43b.pdf

Please use this forum thread to let me know if you are interested in going, it would be great to have a load of SDMC members there. This is a great introduction to circuit racing without all the normal hazards of banging door handles with other cars, so you can happily take your normal road car (in fact one of the criteria is that the car must be driven to the circuit, no trailer queens !)

I wondered if it might make it interesting to set up a new "race" trophy for SMC members ?

You can see my Pomeroy race in 2013 at http://youtu.be/O9X-9peOQAA Check out the crazy mix of cars - a funeral limousine, a mark IV Cortina driven by doctor who with a dead weasel gaffer taped to the front bumper and an Alfa GA who gave me a great race !
ambulocetus27

Re: SDMC at Pomeroy Trophy Silverstone Feb 2015

Postby Suze » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:35 pm

I was interested in doing this, but I never followed it up / I don't think the organiser confirmed to me which clubs he was inviting / it's all a bit late now really. Is there a 7oaks contingent doing it this year?
Suze

Postby ambulocetus27 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Suze,

Unfortunately I have not been able to get enough (any :-( ) people interested. The main issue is that very few club members have a race licence. I plan to meet MSV at Brands Hatch to see if I could negotiate a bulk deal for people to do their ARDS tests more cheaply and will write an Acorn article to show exactly what the costs will be. I had hoped people would take this up in December so they could get their race licence at half price when renewing their speed licence.

The other way I hoped to get more interest in this was by starting a new championship with rounds that weren't included elsewhere - Pomeroy, two hill climbs in France, Brighton Speed Trials, Coventry ring road, Brands Hatch time attack and Crystal Palace. However, for various reasons I could not use these and so lost this incentive.

I managed to negotiate a deal with the Vintage Sports Car Club who organise the Pomeroy, where SDMC members wouldn't have to pay to join the VSCC, saving £100. I will write to them and apologise that I couldn't get the attendance and maybe they will repeat the offer for next year.

I there is anything you can do to help me drum up some more support for the event then I would be extremely grateful. I think it would be brilliant fun to get a load of club members up there !

Alex
ambulocetus27

Postby Suze » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:11 pm

I have a race licence so for me it's easier! Chris Dennis told me about the event a few years ago, I've just never got around to it. Now it's only three weeks away and with a stage rally the next weekend I don't think it will happen, but with Silverstone only 45 mins from home perhaps one for next year? I had spoken to the VSCC organisers as when I looked I don't think you could find info about the event without having a login for their website (for which you needed membership). If you decide to do something next year let me know, I don't know many race licence holders though I'm afraid (in or not in 7oaks).
Suze

Postby Joyous » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Alex I have watched your UTube footage and it isn't as daunting as I had expected

With some more cars planned for the fleet this year and hopefully an injury free end to this year I will be with you in 2016

Joy
Joyous
Joyous

Return to Fast Talk